Tuesday, March 03, 2009

woopiee..1MB/day..

I just can’t help it, I have to say something about it, it’s so ridiculously silly..
If you watch the TV recently there is a new commercial from Three. It’s about their new free mobile internet service. They are giving free 30 MB monthly bandwidth (max) for Three (3) user (terms and conditions apply). That means 1 MB per day for internet activity using your mobile.
Actually, I was fine with the 1 MB per day service; it was way better compared to XL super stingy 50 KB per day. The thing is they’re (Three) promoting it as if they’re giving out 100 MB free daily bandwidth. The ads shows people cheering up, acting hilariously happy after they get the..errr 1 MB/day free internet connection. I was just like wtf, who are they kidding, is this some kind of corporate joke that I don’t understand. Why don’t they use the money they allocate for the lousy commercial to pay for more bandwidth, like 10-50 MB per day? :-P. In case you want to know, I’m an Indosat Matrix user with unlimited monthly bandwidth and so far somewhat satisfied with its internet service (although super slow).
Anyway, this is just one of the rants I had against the internet price in Indonesia and when I come to think of it, I have objections to almost all of mobile-slash-internet providers in Indonesia..well, hard to please customer..:-)

No comments: