Monday, April 23, 2007

Browser

Long time ago, after I got frustrated with Internet Explorer, before Opera becomes free. There was a browser that I always used, Firefox by Mozilla. I was really amazed by it's capability, user-friendly, reliable and free :-). Tabbed browsing was my favorite feature. I was a crazy browser and downloader, opening many downloads in many windows is not uncommon. Browsing up to 10-15 pages at a time. You know, “right-click, open in new window and save target as” has become a routine for me. I remember when I was downloading Garfield comic strip (Yeah, Gotta love that cat), imagine opening 1 month comic in 30 windows, waiting for the page to fully loaded. It's just some Internet activities that IE can't handle (IMHO).

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Microsoft, I always use Windows as my OS, never try anything else. I worked with Microsoft Office all the time, except for now, where I chose not to buy Office 2003 and use Open Office instead (it's free :-). But for best browsing experience Firefox is way better than IE (probably until now).

There was one thing that made me curious at that time, everytime I read some reviews for browser in computer magazine, Firefox was only the number one browser for free category. While Opera was best all round browser (around 2004-2005). So I download and installed Opera shareware (with the advertisement and all) and found it even better than Firefox. And I've been using Opera since then. The feature that I really like is mouse gesture, I practically cannot live without it. I use it all the time and this feature really helps me, it makes easier to navigate between pages, going back and forth, scrolling through endless windows.
However, I'm still installing newer versions of other browsers (Firefox and IE) only for comparison and compatibility issues that sometimes come up.

Well, nothing is perfect, still looking for the best browser out there...

No comments: