Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My favorite bookstore




If you ask people, which bookstore is the best in US, most likely the answer you get will be BORDER or Barnes and Noble or Amazon. They have a wide variety of books, vast collections and cozy atmosphere. I enjoy occasional visits to the nearest Border store in my neighbourhood. But if you ask me which bookstore is the best in US, I will surely answer, Goodwill. Why? Well, you can't beat the prices there. Books are sold very cheap there. The inventory is not as grand as other book store, but I can live with that. I have all Dan Brown's books from there, not new but in good conditions. I bought The Lord of The Rings Trilogy, including The Hobbit, all four of them just less than 4 dollars. I consider myself as shelves hunter (my own term ^_^). Hunting for good and cheap books. I can scan all bookshelves in Goodwill in less than 30 minutes, that's the only time I usually have, before going to work. A little stiffness in my neck is just a small price to pay after six or seven shelves..:-). Anyway, I believe a lot of people also buy books there, especially during the 50% off day. Once I saw this one lady with a trolley full of used books.
Now, the problem is what am I going to do with my growing book collections, I have to take them all back to Indonesia eventually. How much should I pay for the shipping. I could end up paying a lot of money to send those books to Indonesia.
That's another thing, I still have one year here. In the mean time, I just keep building my own library by coming to Goodwill every 50% off day..:-)


No comments: