Tuesday, September 05, 2006

drei monat..August 27, 2006

27th of August 2006..don's log. Sunday 21.15.

do you all remember what happen three months ago?
do you remember what day was 27th of May 2006?

It was Saturday, 27th of May 2006. Started just like an ordinary day..
I woke up early, around five, turn on my pc and play some games.
It never did occur in my mind that something was going to happen,
Something that changed my life and many others..

I had a lot of plans that day; I was going to take some pictures,
Do some preparation for my wedding which was due one week after that day
I was suppose to be busy with my wedding preparation..
But it turned out that I was really busy, but with something else..

There was an earthquake, and that day didn’t end as an ordinary day, that day become an extraordinary day, in the worst kind of meaning.
Thousands of people lost their lives and hundreds of thousands lost their home..
Probably, some even lost their sanity, their faith.
Until now, three months from the devastating earthquake, the life hasn’t quite back to normal. A lot of people still live in tent, no job, no income..
No future probably, they have only today and hopefully another tomorrow..
Three months ago, my wedding party was cancelled
Three months ago, all the preparation, all the plan was called off
But one thing, one important thing..
There was still a wedding, our wedding..
Simple wedding in Ganjuran,
In front of the temple of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

And Three months later..
Today..Sunday 27th of August 2006
I’m grateful
That we still have our wedding
That our family is okay,
That we still have each other
Even though we’re far away

And today, even when I cannot see you
And I cannot touch you...At least I can hear you..your voice
And I’m thankful for that..
Thank God (again and again and again)

No comments: