Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What's in a name..

"Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself"

The monologue above was taken from the famous Romeo and Juliet. Juliet's monologue, expressing her regrets over a name, or actually two names. Capulet and Montague.

I wonder, probably if not because of names, Romeo and Juliet (or whatever their new names) would have been together, living peacefully.
Yeah, I know, in the story, name is more than a name. It’s a family name, and the name burdened by family dignity, feud, hatred and vengeance..
Priceless or useless I don’t know.

Well, these past few weeks I’m a little bit ticked off by all the fuss regarding names. Hassle over something that actually trivial (according to me). It seems that some country (mmm..which country ^_^) really want to make it clear about first name, middle name, last name or any other names, I mean, I’m an ordinary citizen, with ordinary activities and I’m not some terrorists with lots A.K.A probably, or with hundreds of alias. In my country, we don’t really care about it, at least I never have any problems with my name or how they put it documents. My full name is my full name, no first name, no last name. Don Bosco Laksma Budya Wardhana, that’s my name, the whole me and nothing but me.
Yeah, I have but to obey this rule. I have to cut my name, separate them (I’m so sorry dad..) Put them into category.

But don’t worry, with or without my name, full name or empty name or any name..I am me, and always be me...Inside and outside..just like romeo..

Love 'n Peace..
^_^

No comments: